Thursday, April 7, 2011
Giving it a second try...
Ok, so I have decided that I am giving this blog thing a second chance. I need a place to get my ideas and thoughts out and since I spend a majority, ok, all my time with three kids under 5, my brain needs that retreat for my sanity's sake. Here's to hoping this time it lasts. I remember as a little girl having favorite outfits. I would then hold on to these favorite items of clothing till they were literally full of holes and unraveling at every seam. In fact, I can think of two that my mom actually threw away when I wasn't looking. (She paid dearly for that I am sure). But I can think of three outfits in particular. Outfit #1: ages 3-5 years; a little denim skirt with pink ribbons sewn around it. It was the best outfit ever. It was perfect for twirling, dancing, running through the corral (I grew up on a little farm). Perfect for running down the dirt road with no shoes on, and perfect for visiting my grandparents who lived so close I could make it to their house in less than thirty seconds if I ran my fastest. It was just......perfect! It's no wonder I never wanted to take it off. Outfit #2: ages 5-10 years; Stretch pants. Pink! Oh, how I loved these pink stretch pants! I loved them till they went from pants to capris and capris to shorts. Yes, amazingly they lasted that long. These lil' beauties made hours and hours of Barbies some of my most fondest childhood memories. Riding my first horse, bareback mind you, the ultimate dream of any little girl-it beat riding a pony way out of the water! But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. My family got embarrassed of me running around with more holes than material and they were thrown away while I slept. Farewell, pink stretch pants-you were soooo good to me. And last, but not least, Outfit #3: ages 11-13 years; Bright green stretch pants! Don't ask me why, but there was just something about these "food for the eyes" pants. My second mom, told me once that they could spot me coming a mile away in these flashers they were so bright! Maybe it was the comfort of the soft material. Ok, not really-it was the color. I mean c'mon, it was the 90's and everyone loved the florecents (sp)! They may not admit it, but they did. I am not sure what happend to these jewels of fabric. They have probably turned to dust somewhere in my parents basement. Now, you are probably wondering why on earth I am blogging about memories of old clothes-well, I shall tell thee! I have noticed for the past several months that everyday, my 5 year old daughter puts on the same outfit. I tell her to change and she doesn't. I buy her cute new clothes and she won't wear them. People who see us on a regular basis, think that she owns nothing esle. You might ask yourself, "ok, so what is this outfit she wears everyday?" Answer: a brown little skirt with little pink flowers. Perfect for playing chase with dad, twirling, climbing trees, swinging, dancing and running her fastest to anywhere she can go. Just......perfect! Maybe there is some of me in her-and I can't think of anything else more wonderful! Thanks for reading.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Tanya
- Elder Marvin J. Ashton once stated, " No matter how or where we find ourselves, we cannot with any justification label ourselves 'nobody'. As children of God we are somebody." With that said, I am a mommy, wife, sister, aunt, daughter, neighbor and friend.
Friends and Family
- Aunt Janae
- Brad and Les
- Brandon and Marie
- Corbin and Katie
- Dad and Mom
- Dan and Rachel
- Devin and Andrea
- Greg and Lis
- Jeff and Mandy
- Jeff and Sarah
- John and Brinda
- Kristy and Pierre
- Mike and Stacie
- Paul and Sheila
- Randy and Kristen
- Richard and Teona
- Ronnie and Rebecca
- Scott and Ali
- Scott and Liz
- Spackmans
- Stef
- Teona Ann
- Travis and Shar
- Uncle Chris and Aunt Linda
8 comments:
How fun Tan! You are such a good writer. I can picture you running down the street or across the fence to your Gma's house and I can envision the stretch pants (maybe because I owned some and we used to go school shopping together).
Good luck! Look on the bright side...less laundry maybe.
Hi Tanya! You are so eloquent in your writing! I enjoyed every word of it! Love you much.
How funny! I didn't know Dana had been in under a client's name! I should have just let you guess who might have sent that!
Hi Tanya! LOVE, love, love the memories and I remember them all very well....the pink stretch ones the most!! thanks for sharing and reminding me of great times!! glad Ashley is following in your footsteps, what a great role model she has in you! Love ya and miss ya!
Cute post - thanks for sharing!
I'd love to read your blog if you don't mind! That story is so cute! It's good to know that some things in this life never change...little girls will be little girls!
Hey Tan! I remember some of those outfits! Ah...the good 'ol days when we didn't care what others thought about us or how we looked! :) I too am trying to get back into the blogging world... we'll see how it goes! :) love ya!
What a fun post, Tanya! You are a very good writer, and I'm enjoying reading your blog. Hope you don't mind!!!
Post a Comment