Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Still around!

Hello there friends (if you will let me still call you that).

I realize that I haven't been the most faithful blogger, now you know how my journal feels (it gets visited less often than my blog). I do apologize! This winter was slow and it reflected in my blogging mood. But Spring is here and suddenly I feel an "urge" to blog. Actually that "urge" has a name...Lisa, my sister. She gently nudged me and told me to get busy updating! So with what little I have to update...here it is!

January...nothing

February...nothing

March...ok finally something! A baby. No it's not here yet, but soon! If this little wiggle worm isn't here by next Wednesday, then my angel doctor(heart him) said he would let me be induced then. So waiting till the very last day of the month-our family will grow by one! We are getting very excited. My four year old tells him quite often how much she loves him and asks to hug him morning and night and several times in between! My two year old, also gets caught up in the spirit of making him feel welcome by playing cars with him. Thats right, this stomach of mine has become the best down hill race track ever for cars of all sizes...it has quite the slope to it! Just when you feel you can't get bigger...you do. But I feel that I can't justify my complaining, because I am just about done. What once was a flicker of light at the end of a 9 month long tunnel is suddenly a train brighting me one week away! Now is when I get nervous and wonder how I am going to handle all of this. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who is great with our children and they absolutely adore him. He helps when he can and when I let him:)! My children, I have no doubt, will want in on the helping action. Isn't that what 4 and 2 year olds do-help?!?!? I remind them daily of things that they will be able to help me with, but I have this strange little feeling that they will exceed my expectations of being my third and fourth hands.

I find comfort in seeing other mothers who have had more than two children and I think, if they can do and survive, I can too. I read a quote on a friends Facebook. It seems to fit into this stage of my life (I think I might adopt it as my motto for the next 20 years). "Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids." I wish I could give the quoted the respect of a name and then a huge high five, because that's right on!

Being a mom though is the greatest thing I have ever done in my life and if all it takes is a few rough patches here and there, then count me in and in forever, because it is so rewarding. Not rewarding in the way that most of the world sees it, but in a way that only a mom could see it and feel it. So here's to my insanity, my last week of waiting, to my beautiful children who make every day interesting and to all of you remaing few who have patiently waited a post on this blog....cheers!!!

6 comments:

Corbin and Katie said...

Ha ha I love that Jackson plays cars with him. I laughed so hard that is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! Yes we are all very excited for you too. I don't think you have complained at all. I think you have been a very happy Pregnant Mother. Way to go! Good luck this week we love you and can't wait for the new baby!!

Corbin and Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Bagley said...

I've been wondering when the Big Day is. Hope all goes well!

Shar said...

Oh Tanya, this is so exciting! What can I Do to help? Please let me know. :)

Dennis and Maridee said...

Tan, I love reading your blog. You have a very sweet and honest way of expressing yourself. Motherhood is definitely an experience of making us women hysterically crazy one minute and a marshmallow the next. You are a very good mother. Ashley and Jackson certainly keep you on your toes, but I don't think you would want it any other way. They are both so precious.We look forward to enjoying Tyler as much as we have Jackson and Ashley.

Christie Norris said...

Once you have 2, your life is already a whirlwind, so a 3rd really just gets pulled into the whirlwind along with the rest of you!

About Me

Elder Marvin J. Ashton once stated, " No matter how or where we find ourselves, we cannot with any justification label ourselves 'nobody'. As children of God we are somebody." With that said, I am a mommy, wife, sister, aunt, daughter, neighbor and friend.